Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Props for my daughter's ballet recital

The project I am most excited about at the moment is making some props for my daughter's ballet redital. The story takes place in an art museum.  I am making a stylized Degas-type thirteen year old dancer and a Greco Roman bust.  Great fun!!  These are the works in progress. Hope to get them done this week.  Will post more when they are finished.

 

Img_0271

The top part of the dancer/papier mache

Img_0280

Back view of the dancer/papier mache

Img_0281

Another view/stands about 36"

Img_0282

Another view with my messy studio in the background!

Img_0277

Greco Roman bust/papier mache (but will hopefully look like marble from the audience)

Img_0278

Building up features with paperclay over papier mache--drapery is painted fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment