Fourteen galleries, studios, boutiques and other businesses will offer live art demonstrations, refreshments, gifts for the holidays and music, including a live community-caroling event, on Friday afternoon and evening, Dec. 4.
Arts Canandaigua began the Holiday Art Walk, scheduled for 2-8 p.m. Friday, to feature and spotlight artists and craftspeople in Canandaigua.
“An incredible amount of talent is featured in this year’s Holiday Art Walk,” Aimee Ward from Arts Canandaigua — also owner of Finger Lakes Gallery and Frame — stated in a prepared release. “We also have artists from the Rochester area and the Finger Lakes region.”
Connie Fredericks Malone will lead a community caroling event to close out the Art Walk at 8 p.m.
Among special events:
• Acrylic painter Renee Combs and landscape photographer Maria Johnson will appear at Artiques Heirlooms and Art, 37 S. Main St.
• Artist Nicole Yacano from TRU jewelry will be present at Joolz, 237 S. Main St., where there also will be a trunk show.
• Nancy Wiley Studio, at 206 S. Main St., will host a book-signing of Wiley’s illustrated edition of Lewis Carroll’s “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.”
• Celtic musicians Barbara Jablonski and Kathleen Cappon will play Christmas music favorites on hammered dulcimer, guitar, harp and button accordions from 4 to 6 p.m. at Pat Rini Rohrer Gallery, 71 S. Main St.
• Wick-edly Sent Soap and Scented Candles Company, at 94 S. Main St., will feature artist Karen Miller, jeweler Andrea Taft and pianist Bryan Babcock.
• Bell-ringers from St. Mary’s will play at Finger Lakes Gallery and Frame, 36 S. Main St.
• Donna Bennett will do a book-signing for the newly released “The Ice Cream Pirates” 4-6 p.m. at Unique Toy Shop, 120 S. Main St. The interactive pirate book is a sequel to last year's “Petey and the Mean Pirates.”
Other participating merchants include Expressions in Needleart, 110 S. Main St.; Adorn Jewelry and Accessories, 24 Coy St. #2; Christine Henehan Studios, 30 S. Main St.; G. Jones Furniture Company, 217 S. Main St.; Liberty Cottage, 116 S. Main St.; Nadal Glass, 20 Phoenix St.; and Pulp Nouveau Comix, 92 S. Main St. Visitors to the merchants can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree from downtown merchants. Refreshments will be served.
If you go:
WHAT Holiday Art Walk
WHEN Friday, Dec. 4, from 2 to 8 p.m.
WHERE Selected downtown Canandaigua merchants
DETAILS (585) 396-7210
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Take a downtown stroll into arts immersion Friday - Canandaigua, NY - MPNnow