Thursday, April 2, 2009

NIADA Conference

I have been so busy working on my book, that I have not focused enough on the upcoming NIADA Conference in September.  I have heard, from good sources, that rooms at Arrowmont are filling up. 

The conference promises to be a one-of-a-kind event for people interested in dolls and three-dimensional work because it focuses on the creative process.  It is like an artists retreat--a great opportunity to learn from some of the best artists I know-- I wish I could take all the classes myself. I will be teaching a half-day class on painting a doll, which I am very excited about.

Arrowmont is a well-known and very respected craft school, perfectly situated in the beautiful mountains of Tennessee. In this serene environment, NIADA artists will teach their skills and sharing their knowledge over the course of a week.   There will be time and space for casual conversations with the artists as well.

I encourage anyone interested in this kind of work to go the NIADA Conference website page and get the details and book your conference.  There is a limit of 200 participants.

And of course, I debut my Alice in Wonderland book, along with an exhibit of the original pieces from the illustrations!! 

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I'll be able to go this year! It's closer to home. Any advice for a first time attendee with aspirations of joining NIADA one day?

    ReplyDelete